Internal Flexible PVC Containment Liner
The Agra Liners, LLC material is made to our specifications, with a 40-mil thickness minimum in large tanks for primary containment of liquid product.
- Tank owners are required to provide a clean, dry and vapor free tank prior to installation of the internal tank liner.
- We suggest the tank owner have an inspection of the tank by a qualified API 653 Certified Inspector, if tank has previously been in service and it is due.
- Upon arrival, our installation crew will begin preparing the tank for the liner installation which will include checking the tank shell and floor for any rough areas or areas of weld slag which may need to be grinded down. Any additional defects found which requires a certified welder will be brought to the owner’s attention and repairs will be required prior to installation. Agra Liners have certified welders to perform this work if needed.
- The leak detection system will then be installed.
- Next the 16 oz. Geo-Textile padding material will be installed to serve as a separation barrier between the tank and PVC liner.
- A center pole booting system will then be installed covering the center support column.
- The one-piece or two-piece shop fabricated liner will be lowered into the tank through a 4’X5’ roof hatch using a crane typically provided by the location to lift the liner roll.
- The liner sidewall will be inspected as the liner is raised to check for any defects, holes or scratches and will be patched if any are found.
- After the liner attachment is completed all connections will have shop fabricated 60 mil PVC spool boots installed in all the tank nozzles.
- Any sumps located on the tank floor will have the liner built to fit them.
- The floor of the liner will then be inspected for any defects and patched if any found.
- A .69 mil liner material will be placed over the manway prior to placement of the manway cover plate. The manway cover will be bolted back into place as the final step.
- A clearly marked “Max Fill Line” will be placed on the liner with a china marker pencil at the roof hatch and roof man-way to show the maximum fill level to assist the owner monitoring the liquid height.